The Conservative Party has more out LGBT+ MPs than any other political party globally - a huge achievement. There are also many out LGBT+ councillors, MSPs, AMs, and directly elected Mayors.
To recognise this growth, we took the decision to refresh and expand our Patrons. Our Patrons commit to:
- openly and visibly be an out LGBT+ parliamentarians to act as a role model for others;
- support LGBT+ rights in our party, in parliament, in devolved institutions, and internationally;
- support LGBT+ Conservative events and campaign days to help LGBT+ candidates;
- encourage party members to join LGBT+ Conservatives.
In return, LGBT+ Conservatives as an organisation will support our Patrons through:
- our Candidates’ Fund financially;
- local prides and campaign days; and
- play our role as a strong voice within the Conservative Party for LGBT+ rights
You can find out more about our Patrons here: www.lgbtconservatives.org.uk/people/type/Patrons. This will be updated as people accept our invitation to become a Patron.